Over the past year, we have touched upon identifying the most relevant influencers for a given audience on multiple occasions. From the different types of influencers to our methodology of identification, we have scratched the surface of it all. Before the end of 2017, it was only right to look beneath the surface and highlight an in-depth approach to identifying not just influencers but novice influencers.
Before we turn our attention to identifying novice influencers let's take a quick look at our standardized methodology which includes:
Yes really! Novice influencers could be the answer to your campaigning dilemmas. There are a number of benefits associated with using an influencing novice, let's take look:
In addition to the standardized approach, you are able to add on further criteria to identify the latest upcoming influencers.
1. Define your target audience: Having defined a UK millennials audience (for a previous blog post) we will be using it as the working example.
2. Understand your audience: Generate an insights report to uncover in-depth intelligence on the individuals that make up the defined audience. In this case, we will be working with two audiences: Female UK Millennials and Male UK Millennials.
3. Narrow down your influencer options: The insights report will provide you with an extensive list of influencers from which those who suit your needs and budget are to be selected.
4. Identify the novices: Utilize the account age filter in their social profiles to define how new you want your influencers to be. In this example, we chose to look at influencers who joined the social scene only a year ago. Just remember some of the social profiles may be established personas who have only recently joined the social sphere.
5. Generate a hierarchy ranking: With a short list in hand generate a hierarchy ranking of those influencers with a greater affinity among your audience. Based on that hierarchy you will be able to work your way down the list carrying out individual qualitative analysis of each influencer identifying common interests, platform use/presence, type of content shared, brands associated (possible partnership opportunities) etc.
If you are interested in identifying influencing novices for your brand, sign up for a free Audiense Insights account and generate your complimentary report!
This blog is a translation from the Spanish original, written by Paz Segura, for the Audiense Spanish blog.